Organic Steelhead with Apricot Salsa
- 1 lb John O Foods’ Organic Steelhead fillet
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced pineapple
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped or sliced small)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine apricots (reserve juice), pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
- Toss all and chill for at least one hour.
- Place Steelhead filets in lightly greased 9×11 inch baking dish
- Cover Steelhead with salsa.
- Gently pour reserved apricot juice over all.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve over brown or long grain and wild rice